If you live in the Greater Victoria area, love your car and love to drive, here is a great opportunity for a fun-filled day on the road to Tofino and a luxurious stay at Long Beach Lodge Resort.
Victoria Premium Auto and Long Beach Lodge Resort in Tofino are excited to announce the inaugural Rally 4 Memories, the Drive for Dementia. Rally 4 Memories is a poker run car rally from Victoria to Tofino to raise funds in support of the We Rage We Weep Alzheimer Foundation.
You will be taken on the scenic drive up Island culminating in a delicious lunch in the Parksville/Qualicum Beach area. The adventure will continue after lunch heading out on the road to the West Coast and Long Beach Lodge Resort in Tofino. There you will enjoy a buffet dinner prepared by the Lodge’s renowned chef before retiring to your beach front room for a relaxing evening of leisure.
Cost per car is $500. A tax receipt will be supplied.
Entry Fee & Details...
Your entry fee of $500 per car includes:
- lunch on April 21 mid-Island,
- one night's accommodation in a beautiful beach front room at Long Beach Lodge Resort—additional night stays are available (see info below)
- buffet dinner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, and a
- breakfast buffet at Long Beach Lodge Resort on the morning of April 22.
Prizes will be awarded for the top three poker hands.
Payment (cheque, cash or visa) must be delivered to Victoria Premium Automobiles by March 31, 2012. A tax receipt will be sent to all participants. Phone: 250-380-0581.
Participants are to meet at 9:30am on Saturday April 21, 2012 at Victoria Premium Automobiles located at 2555 Government Street, Victoria. Teams will receive instructions for the day at this time.
Extend your Stay at Long Beach Lodge...
Why not spend a night or two more in Tofino and experience all that the Resort and the area have to offer? Additional night stays are available at a special rate of $259 per night (double occupancy), which includes a continental buffet breakfast in the Great Room each morning. Please book these additional nights directly with Long Beach Lodge and indicate that you are participating in the Rally 4 Memories Car Rally. Call reservations at 1-877-844-7873.
We Rage We Weep Alzheimer Foundation...
The We Rage We Weep Alzheimer Foundation is a Canadian Registered Charity founded in May 2006. The Foundation’s mission is to ensure no caregiver feels alone, isolated or without adequate financial resources by supplying grant funding to caregivers who experience significant economic hardship in their care giving role of a loved one with Alzheimer Disease or related dementia, often a life partner or parent.
Funds raised from this car rally will go to enhance and expand:
- Project Lifesaver of Greater Victoria, a technology based wander location and recovery program for seniors with dementia dedicated to bringing loved ones home!
- Arts & Alzheimer’s, an art and music participation program for seniors with dementia living at home with their caregivers stimulating minds… supporting caregivers.